Текущее время: Вс сен 20, 2020 20:08

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]

Только у нас вы можете получить email вида: ваш_ник@sumqayit.ru Подробнее...

Если вы не знаете как зарегистрироваться, прочтите эту тему: Как правильно зарегистрироваться

The Los Angeles Rams made a series of high-profi 
Автор Сообщение
Знаток

Сообщение The Los Angeles Rams made a series of high-profi
le defensive acquisitions during the offseason. Defensive end Ryan Davis was not one of them.Davis signed a one-year contract two days before training camp started Durham Smythe Jersey , an addition that could prove to be just as significant as signing defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh and trading for cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters."I was on my way to Detroit, actually, for a workout, and Arizona called," Davis said. "And then as soon as LA called, I told my agent: 'Come on, we gotta go. We got to make this happen.'"Davis' intuition was right on, and he has found himself working extensively with the starting defense as an outside linebacker during the first three weeks of training camp. Coach Sean McVay has frequently identified Davis as one of the early standouts, though the praise apparently has not filtered down to the seven-season veteran who last played for Buffalo."I'm not looking for any kind of cheers or pat on the back from the coaches, but if they are fans of me, then obviously that's a good thing," Davis said. "My thing is going out there and not letting the guys down next to me. Just giving it my best and playing hard."The quick transition Davis has made at outside linebacker is all the more important because the Rams must replace both starters there after trading Robert Quinn to Miami in March and not re-signing free agent Connor Barwin.Quinn and Barwin combined for 13.5 sacks last season. Davis has flashed pass-rush ability with 14 career sacks, including 6 1/2 in 2014 for Jacksonville. Getting to the quarterback has always come naturally for Davis, but he is adjusting well to the coverage responsibilities of his new position. Recruited to Bethune-Cookman University as a tight end before moving to defense, Davis showed he still has soft hands during a post-practice session Saturday night catching balls from a JUGS machine."Some things you just don't lose. Hands, I just don't lose 'em http://www.thedolphinslockerroom.com/authentic-robert-quinn-jersey ," Davis said. "I'm @ outside linebacker now, so I have opportunity to get my hands on the ball. I want to be able to cash in."Instead, the biggest change for Davis has been rebuilding his body to handle the athletic demands of playing outside linebacker. He reported to training camp at 280 pounds, which was fine by the Rams, but it quickly became evident to Davis that he had to drop weight."They liked the way I moved when I came in," Davis said. "I came in and ran (the conditioning test) perfectly fine and was moving around perfectly fine, but for me personally I knew I have to shed weight to be able to keep this up the whole year. I'm down 10 pounds already from the start of camp and I'm looking to lose another 10, 15."Davis is still surprised by his sudden elevation to the first-unit defense, which has confirmed his belief that the Rams were the best fit."I know I had to switch over to Sam linebacker, but that's really why I came. The defense, the Wade Phillips defense is a good fit," Davis said. "I've been talking with the Rams the whole offseason. We kind of sensed that this is where I wanted to be, and we went back and forth about everything, but I was just glad to be here. The Rams, LA just made a ton of sense for me as a player. The atmosphere, the city Womens A.J. Derby Jersey , everything about it just felt right."NOTES: Tight end Gerald Everett (sprained shoulder) will miss at least another week, McVay said. Everett was at practice Saturday with his left arm in a sling. Browns tie! Browns tie! Browns tie!It's not a win, but Cleveland will take it after going 0-16 last year and 1-15 in 2016.The Browns rallied from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter against the rival Steelers and snapped a 17-game losing streak with a 21-21 result that left fans celebrating in the rain. They had a chance to win the game, but Pittsburgh's T.J. Watt blocked Zane Gonzalez's 43-yard field-goal attempt with 9 seconds left in overtime.For a while, it seemed the Steelers would cruise to another easy win over the Browns even without Le'Veon Bell. The All-Pro running back is still holding out over a bitter contract dispute, causing some animosity among his teammates. Backup James Conner had 135 yards rushing and two touchdowns and caught five passes for 57 yards. But Ben Roethlisberger threw three interceptions and fumbled twice, and Conner's fumble in the fourth quarter helped the Browns rally.Conner, a star at Pitt who became a city favorite while recovering from a cancer diagnosis in November 2015, may have cost Bell some leverage with his strong performance.Tyrod Taylor's 17-yard touchdown pass to Josh Gordon sent it to overtime, and neither team could find a way to win it on a wet, sloppy field.In case you missed it, here are the other top topics after the NFL season's opening Sunday:BREATHE EASY, WISCONSIN: Aaron Rodgers returned in the second half after being carted off the field with a knee injury and led the Packers back from a 20-0 deficit to a 24-23 win over the Bears. Rodgers threw three touchdown passes, including a 75-yarder to Randall Cobb with 2:13 left in the game. The stadium fell silent and everyone in Green Bay panicked when Rodgers went down. The Packers missed the playoffs after losing Rodgers last season and are 6-10-1 without him since 2013. Backup DeShone Kizer threw a pick six to Khalil Mack, who disappeared in the second half after a dominant start in his first game for Chicago.BIG PLAY BUCS: Ryan Fitzpatrick had a 417-yard, four-touchdown performance filling in for the suspended Jameis Winston in a 48-40 upset at New Orleans. Fitzpatrick threw touchdown passes of 50 yards to Mike Evans and 58 and 36 yards to DeSean Jackson. The Buccaneers had 529 total yards against the Saints Akeem Spence Jersey , who countered with 475. Tampa Bay, coming off a 5-11 season, was the biggest underdog of the weekend at 9 1/2 points.BECKHAM IS BACK: Odell Beckham Jr. had 11 catches for 111 yards and drew two pass interference penalties on the same drive in his first game since last October following ankle surgery. Beckham won the 1-on-1 battle against outspoken All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey, but the New York Giants lost the game. The Jaguars got a pick six by Myles Jack in a 20-15 victory on the road.PHILLY PHILLY: Needing a spark for his sputtering offense, Eagles coach Doug Pederson turned to a familiar trick play in the third quarter of Philadelphia's 18-12 victory over Atlanta on Thursday night. Quarterback Nick Foles caught a 15-yard pass from wide receiver Nelson Agholor to extend a drive that ended with a touchdown. Foles caught a 1-yard TD pass from tight end Trey Burton in the first half of Philadelphia's 41-33 win over New England in the Super Bowl. That play was called "Philly Special." This one was "Philly Philly." Pederson used the same personnel group, but a different formation this time around.NATIONAL ANTHEM: Miami Dolphins receivers Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson were the only two players to kneel during the national anthem opening weekend. Colin Kaepernick called them "brothers" and thanked them on social media. Dolphins teammate Robert Quinn raised his fist. Niners receiver Marquise Goodwin did the same at San Francisco's game at Minnesota. Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas and linebacker Brandon Marshall, and Seahawks linemen Duane Brown and Quinton Jefferson, retreated to their respective tunnels while the anthem played. In Los Angeles, Chargers left tackle Russell Okung raised his fist.TROLLING THE BOYS: Former Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant had fun taking shots at his old team during an 18-6 loss at Carolina. Bryant wrote on Twitter: "It's kind of cool calling out all of the signals and knowing which route players are about run." He engaged with fans, suggested he'd have success in New England or Washington and said he didn't think Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wanted him out of Dallas.JIMMY GAROPPO(NOOOOO): Playing his first game since signing his megadeal with San Francisco following seven career starts, Jimmy Garoppolo didn't look like a $137.5 million quarterback. He tossed three interceptions in a 24-16 loss to Minnesota, including a pick six. Garoppolo was 2-0 as a starter for the Patriots in 2016 and 5-0 for the 49ers last year.

Чт июн 27, 2019 11:16

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]